Search Engine Optimizations is just one portion of the marketing mix. By itself, it is not a catch-all solution.
- The single goal for search engine optimization is to fine tune your web site in a manner that the search engines prefer (which is constantly changing) so that when the crawl your site…
- they rank your site well among all the other sites vying for those viewers searching for those keywords.
- The higher your ranking, the more traffic you can reasonably expect. This does not necessarily mean more sales, or more profit, it just means more visitors. (More about those issues later.)
The Process of Optimizing Your Site
In order to optimize your web site for improved traffic, there are a number of tasks that need to be performed in order to get you the best results:
- Analysis of what you have now – keywords, quality and quantity of content, your rankings, marketing weaknesses
- Keyword Development & Strategy – developing a keyword strategy based on your customers tendencies, competitiveness
- Site & Content Editing – Your site has to be changed in order to optimize it for various keywords and search engines.
- Submitting the Site to the Search Engines – besides sitemap.xml files, there are ways to submit your pages to search engines that do not make them think they are being spammed with requests. Remember, these search engines are ranking millions and millions of other sites.
Not Just ONE Keyword
And it’s not just optimizing your site for ONE keyword, it’s optimizing THAT SPECIFIC Page for THAT SPECIFIC Keyword for a SPECIFIC search engine (such as Google, which has a completely different ranking algorithm than say, Bing.) Now multiply the number of keywords someone may use to search for your products or services and then, multiply that ties the number of search engines. It’s a bit of work. It may be time (and skill sets) that you do not have and need help with.
Back to top of page>>>
Our Marketing Group Services
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising Strategy
- Social Media marketing & customization
- FaceBook customization
- Twitter customization
- LinkedIn customization
- Email campaign development & customization
- Blog customization
- Graphic design & collateral planning
- Sales & marketing consulting - increased profitability
Contact Our Marketing Group about how they can assist you monthly as a part-time marketing department without the full time cost, or Metheney Consulting on developing your online marketing, social media marketing, SEO, PPC (pay-per-click advertising strategies), email campaigns, web site maintenance and development, web site design, blog development, and traditional marketing consulting on a project-by-project basis. Our Marketing Group provides digital marketing services for a fraction of the cost via monthly retainers and sliding scale hourly contracts. Call or email us at .